Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ornaments for a cause

Eight and a half years ago, I married my husband, and won the Mother-In-Law jackpot. A little over 2 months ago, that same, amazing woman lost her hard-fought battle with cancer. It was her wish that her friends and loved ones make donations in her memory to causes that were near to her heart, and I am going to do the same. I will honor her memory, by donating portions of the proceeds from the sale of Christmas ornaments in my shop. For each ornament, or ornament set, I will donate $10 to a scholarship fund that has been set up in her honor - the AGEHR Deb Heine Young Ringers Scholarship Fund. The AGEHR is the American Guild of English Handbell Ringers, of which Deb was a very active member. The scholarship fund will enable the next generation of ringers to attend national conferences and other meetings.

You may be wondering why I have chosen Ornaments for this particular project... well, if you knew Deb, you would know of her great love for decorating for Christmas, so I felt this was appropriate.

Below are the newest ornaments that have been listed in my shop. They will be sold in sets of 2, and you can choose your pattern and colors.








If you would like more information on the AGEHR or anything else relating to this project, send me an email at pattysprettythings@sbcglobal.net.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Cause! And I'm so sorry for your loss....the ornaments are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete