Saturday, June 18, 2011

What else I've been making...

My creativity has returned in the last couple of weeks, so I've been making a lot of new stuff! These earrings were made from an Extruder cane. Remember my wonderful clay extruder I got myself for my birthday? Well, I stacked a few different colors together, and with the extrusions, made the cane that I used to cover these earrings. Cool, huh?

I also made this little snowlady as a gift for my husband's great-aunt, who we will be seeing in AZ in a couple of weeks. I hope she likes it!



I bought some really pretty czech glass beads with the intention of making a copper cuff, however, the holes were not quite big enough for the wire. So I guess I'll have to make a more conventional bracelet, or see if the silver wire will fit.


Speaking of wire... I've really enjoyed working with the Sterling Silver Filled wire. It works just like sterling silver, and looks like it too. I've been able to inspect where I've cut the wire, and I can just barely make out the copper core, so I feel confident that the silver will not wear all the way down, even with repeated wear. In fact, I used up the wire I had, and just received another order this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment