Friday, March 26, 2010

Information about Crystal beads...

If you happen to have visited my shop sometime this evening (and really, if you haven't, you should, LOL!), you may have noticed a few small tweaks that I made to the wording in many of my listings. It was brought to my attention recently that using the term "Swarovski Crystal" is a trademark infringement. The Swarovski Corporation does produce crystal elements for jewelry designers such as myself to use in their work, however the term "Swarovski Crystal" is reserved for finished products purchased in their retail stores. But never fear - if you see the following term: "Made with CRYSTALLIZED - Swarovski Elements" in my shop or someone else's, these ARE crystal beads produced by Swarovski. It's just a different term.

And for anyone wondering, no, I didn't get flagged on this by Etsy - this information is in the Etsy Forums. And while I could have been very happy just leaving my listings as they were, I decided that I didn't want to be the one to get nailed on it. Better safe than sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment