Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Stay tuned...

I have a LOT of new ideas for the spring floating around in my head, including my INSPIRATION necklace! I know I've already put some new stuff on Etsy, but I'm really excited by MORE new ideas!

I found this wonderful new supply website that sells free trade beads, which I think is pretty cool. I ordered some crocheted beads that were handcrafted by a small community of families living outside Java, Indonesia, so my purchase will actually BENEFIT those families! I also ordered some African Trade beads, which were beads used as currency in the mid-20th century in various African nations. I also ordered 4 strands of gemstone beads (citrine, peridot, and amethyst chips, and Moukaite). I like that the owners of this particular shop actually travel to a lot of the places where they buy these beads instead of purchasing through a wholesaler.

I'll post some pictures of my supplies when I get the rest of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment