Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What I've been doing...

I've been neglecting Patty's Pretty Things, and I know it. It makes me sad, but sometimes, life takes over and the fun stuff has to be put on the back burner. As I've said before, I try not to "work" when my son is home, unless he's sleeping, and I've had another project come up, and it has really taken a lot of time. I've been PAINTING my house. So far, I've painted walls and cabinets in 2 bathrooms, including this one:





The color used to be kind of a taupe-y yellowish color, which wasn't bad, but it looked tired and blah. Since we had the new tile put down for the counters, it really needed a new paint job too. And since I was painting THAT bathroom, I needed to finish up the cabinets in the other bathroom too (just white), where I also replaced the hardware.




Next up, was the hallway (same color as the bathrooms, so no pics - the color is Classic Taupe, by the way), and THEN, the kitchen. We recently had quartz counter tops installed, and I wanted to continue to lighten up the kitchen by painting the walls a lighter color. They used to be a darker sea-foam green color, and now they are "Turtle Dove," which is a very pale mint color.







Why am I doing this? Well, it was just time. Our house looks dingy, and new paint is sprucing things up. I have 3 bedrooms and 2 living spaces left to paint, but those should be much easier than the kitchen and bathrooms (I hope!!!!). I hope to get started on a bedroom next week, but for now, I'm resting my arms a bit - painting is a WORK OUT!




****************************************


My Etsy-versary is coming up on March 1 - I've been on Etsy since 2009! I have a couple of fun things up my sleeve to celebrate, and to apologize for ignoring my pretty things. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment