Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm ready for spring!

Right now, as I look out the window, the sky is gloomy, and overcast, and it's been raining off and on all day. I long for green grass, brightly colored flowers, and my vegetable garden! So with that in mind, I made these two pieces the other day, and both are listed in my Etsy shop.

These earrings were inspired by the photograph for March in our Arizona Highways 2011 calendar. It was a macro-photograph with large fuchsia flowers, smaller orange flowers, with green foliage and small cream colored flowers. They aren't colors I would traditionally mix together, but I thought it came out beautifully! (and they aren't heavy either!)

I really love the color combination of brown and light blue, and continuing in my floral mood, I created this bracelet! I've had the light blue glass round beads for months, and hadn't used them yet, so I mixed the clay color to match. It's like getting flowers, jewelry, and chocolate all in one package! It's strung on stretch cord so it's really easy to wear.
I've been down with The Plague for the last 2 weeks, but I have more ideas in my head for flower beads, because I love them, and they are FUN! They are surprisingly easy to make, so I'll try to post my process when I make the next ones.
The first day of Spring is in one week, and you'd better believe I have my countdown set!!

No comments:

Post a Comment