Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Something new

Sometimes, I really get the itch to try out a new clay technique. I had been wanting to try out making these little embroidery-style flowers for a while, and recently, I had my chance! I made the pendant below on a light silver base, with rhinestone centers. It was actually easier than I had anticipated. (It also sold very quickly out of my store!)


I wanted to make MORE in that style, so with the Pink Variscite stone from my grab bag in mind, I created the beads below today.
I'll line the whole necklace out tomorrow, but I think I might need some smaller turquoise beads to go with it. I'll have to go through my stash in the morning. I like the gold with it, because it looks really great with the green, especially... I've had all of these Vermeil spacers sitting around for almost a year, but I think they will work well in this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment